Before appearing before the District Board, each applicant must have preached an average of one (1) sermon each week for twelve (12) months. Exceptions to this requirement may be made by the District Board. Teaching Sunday school classes or leading services do not meet the requirement.
Before appearing before the District Board, each applicant must fulfill the following reading requirements. It should be understood that this basic reading list in no way completes your ministerial education but is merely foundational to your own thorough, rigorous, and ongoing study program.
- The complete Bible since receiving a local license (twice if granted a general license without a local license)
- Discipleship by Stan O. Gleason
- Doctrine by Scott Graham
- Epistles of Paul by Jeremy Painter
- Ethics by Richard M. Davis
- Gen. Epistles and Revelation by Jeffrey Brickle and Jeremy Painter
- Historical Books by Christ Paris
- History of Doctrine by David K. Bernard
- Leadership I by Eugene Wilson
- Preaching II by Jerry Jones
- Principles of Ministry by David K. Bernard
- Follow to Lead: Journey of a Disciple Maker by Stan O. Gleason
- Doctrines of the Bible by J.L. Hall and David K. Bernard
- Handbook on the Epistles of Paul by Jeremy Painter
- Integrity: Principles of Christian Ethics by Richard M. Davis
- Handbook on the General Epistles and Revelation by Jeffrey Brickle and Jeremy Painter
- Handbook on the Historical Books by Chris Paris
- A History of Christian Doctrine Abridge in One Volume by David K. Bernard
- Realign by Eugene Wilson
- We Preach by Jerry Jones
- The Pentecostal Minister by J.L. Hall and David K. Bernard, eds.
Ministry Central Training
Licensing applicants must complete required training provided through Ministry Central. Click Here to register
for your required level of training.